By working with the world`s best technology and entertainment companies, we intend to create a seamless consumer experience that will enable anyone to manage and share a complete library of digital media
DivXNetworks, the company that created the revolutionary, patent -pending DivX video compression technology, announced today at Las Vegas` Consumer Electronics Show (CES), a wide -ranging support for the company`s upcoming DivX Connected Certification Program. This forms a comprehensive technology initiative that will bring digital media from the PC to consumer electronics products throughout the home. These devices will enable applications formerly available only on PCs to be enjoyed in the living room, including premium content services, personal information services and interactive gaming.
`By working with the world`s best technology and entertainment companies, we intend to create a seamless consumer experience that will enable anyone to use widely available consumer electronic devices to manage and share a complete library of digital media,` said Kevin Hell, Chief Operating Officer at DivXNetworks, Inc. `Soon, consumers will be able to simply pick up the remote control for a DivX Certified Connected Media Player and gain instant access to all the video, music and photos stored on their PCs via any connected TV or home theater system in the house. Anyone will also be able to access DivX Connected online services to check local weather, listen to digital music or get new movies from premium content providers.`
The DivX Connected Certification Program will provide guidelines for integrated circuit (IC) manufacturers, consumer electronics (CE) original equipment manufacturers, independent software vendors and online service providers to create interoperable products and services that enable new experiences for consumers. A number of leading partners have adopted the program in their products, including:
* ALi - Global manufacturer of integrated circuits for CE devices will support DivX Connected functionality in IC reference design.
* AMD - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processors provide simultaneous high -performance 32 - and 64 -bit computing. Only AMD64 -powered desktop PCs run today`s 32 -bit and tomorrow`s 64 -bit software. DivXNetworks is optimising its DivX Connected technology for AMD Athlon 64 processors.
* Apex Digital - Leading consumer electronics manufacturer will support DivX Connected program in its line of popular devices.
* ArcSoft - Multimedia company to offer DivX Connected technology in both software & IC product platforms.
* CyberLink - Leading multimedia software company and key DivXNetworks partner has integrated DivX Connected technology into popular PowerCinema software product.
* Frey Technologies - Pioneer in the personal video recording and home media center industry to offer DivX Connected services.
* Intervideo - Leading provider of DVD software intends to create DivX Connected multimedia products.
* Meedio - - Innovative developer of award -winning digital home entertainment, automation, and control software will support DivX Connected technology in its products.
* NewsGator Technologies - The Industry leading RSS platform company will use DivX Connected technology to offer a personalised news aggregation service on the TV.
* Sonic Solutions - Leading supplier of DVD creation software to support DivX Connected technology.
* Ulead - Developer of digital content creation and digital home software to integrate DivX Connected technology into product line.
`The market for network enabled consumer devices is expected to expand rapidly over the next few years, and as the market develops, these devices are expected to play a central role in defining the media experience for consumers,` said Danielle Levitas, Vice President of IDC`s Consumer and Broadband research. `With its increasing penetration into consumer electronics and popular global brand, DivXNetworks is well positioned to play a central role in the connected home.`
The world`s leading consumer electronics manufacturers shipped over 20 million DivX Certified DVD players, portable media players and networked media devices worldwide in 2004. Over 500 cross -industry partners have harnessed the value of the global DivX phenomenon, including leading PC software vendors, IC manufacturers, consumer electronics brands and online service providers.
DivX Connected Certified products and services will carry a special DivX logo identifying their interoperability and ensuring consumers a seamless media experience. The first DivX Connected solutions are expected to hit the market in the second half of 2005.
DivXNetworks is a consumer -focused video technology company positioned at the center of multimedia convergence. The company`s core offering is the DivX ® video codec, among the world`s most popular video compression technologies with over 160 million users worldwide. Often called `the MP3 of video,` the patent -pending DivX video technology offers DVD -quality at 10 times greater compression than MPEG -2 files, enabling full length films to easily fit on a CD or be delivered over broadband connections. DivX video technology powers a range of applications that span the convergence value chain, from a secure IP -based video -on -demand solution to next -generation consumer electronics products and video software applications. DivXNetworks is headquartered in San Diego, California, with satellite offices in Los Angeles and San Jose, CA, Taipei, Taiwan, and Dortmund, Germany. For more information, visit http://www.divxnetworks.com.