CES Press Conference on Wednesday, January 5 to Detail Latest Developments in AM & FM Digital Radio
Columbia, MD (December 22, 2004) - iBiquity Digital, developers of HD Radio™ technology, and leaders from the radio broadcast industry will brief reporters on several major developments in digital HD Radio at the company's 2005 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) press conference on Wednesday, January 5th at 2:00 pm PST at iBiquity's exhibit booth (North Hall 1 -4, #4823).
Beyond its crystal -clear, digital quality sound and integrated datacasting capabilities, HD Radio heralds a revolution in radio with new services offering on -demand traffic, weather and other programming; navigation overlay, real -time traffic; surround sound capabilities; and the availability of additional programming via the technology's Supplemental Audio Services capabilities (called Tomorrow Radio by National Public Radio). With traditional radio reaching over 95% of consumers each week - 77% listening everyday - via nearly 13,000 AM & FM stations nationwide, the rapidly accelerating deployment of HD Radio technology is certain to be one of major stories dominating CES 2005.
HD Radio 2005 - "Broadcasters Outline Accelerated Plans for National HD Radio Rollout"
1. Bonneville - Bruce Reese, President and CEO, and Chair of the NAB Radio Board
2. Clear Channel - Jeff Littlejohn, Chief Technology Officer
3. Cox Radio, Inc. - Neil Johnston, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
4. Entercom - David Field, President and CEO
5. (*) Greater Media - Tom Bender, Sr. Vice -President and Regional General Manager/Detroit
6. iBiquity Digital Corporation - Bob Struble, President and CEO
7. (*) National Public Radio - Michael Starling, Chief Technology Officer
8. Radio One - Scott Royster, Chief Financial Officer, and Linda Vilardo, Chief Administrative Officer
(*) - Denotes recently -added speakers to presentation
Wednesday, January 5, 2005
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM PST
iBiquity Digital - Exhibit Booth #4823
Las Vegas Convention Center - North Hall 1 -4