PremisesConnect revitalizes end-users' value perception of security systems
Arden Hills, Minnesota - November 16, 2004 - The Security business of GE Infrastructure has introduced PremisesConnect™, a web -based service designed to meet the increasing demands of security, life safety, and home automation consumers. PremisesConnect utilizes the Internet to cost -effectively integrate security, lighting control, and HVAC management. This innovative approach makes PremisesConnect the most affordable home automation system on the market.
Through personalized notification services, PremisesConnect gives consumers and business owners control over non -security events of interest, such as store openings/closings, children arriving home from school, and even deliveries. Presenting these features in an intuitive, web -based application helps people manage their increasingly busy schedules. PremisesConnect is ll built on a platform that works in concert with proven UL -listed 24x7 security monitoring services, extending the offering our security service partners are able to provide to the consumer.
End -user benefits:
- Know when children arrive home safely from school and be notified if they are not home on time.
-Know opening and closing times of a small business and be alerted accordingly.
- Control lights (on/off) and security from anywhere, any time via the Internet.
- Remotely arm and disarm the security panel for delivery and other services or guest arrivals and departures.
- Receive notification by email, phone, or text messaging of any event monitored by the system.
- Know immediately if there are water problems, furnace failures, or power outages -and take appropriate action.
- Feel more secure with always -on broadband connection.
- Reduce customer attrition by enhancing the value end -users perceive in security services.
- Improve central station operation by reducing call traffic (non -alarm events can be transmitted through - PremisesConnect, isolating alarm events to be routed to central monitoring stations).
- Communicate with customers continuously through Web site, offering new products and services while enhancing the value of the dealer's brand.
- Increase revenue per account - PremisesConnect is complementary to traditional central station monitoring.
- Tap new market segments previously uncompelled by traditional security offerings.
- Access and maintain customer information online to increase account management efficiency.
"Security and life safety protection are long standing and successful industries," said Dave Mayne, Vice President of Home Assurance, GE's Security business. "Recent advances in wireless and broadband communications, however, are enabling a new generation of services to be launched. By offering Premises Management to the industry, GE Security is enabling our security dealer partners to expand the value proposition to consumers."
About GE Infrastructure, Security
The Security business of GE Infrastructure is a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Electric Company (NYSE: GE) focused on communication and information technologies for security, safety and lifestyle enhancements. The company has operations in more than 30 countries and is represented by some of the best -known brand names for intrusion and fire detection, access and building control, video surveillance, explosive and drug detection, key management, and structured wiring. For more information about GE`s security business and our product offerings, please visit www.gesecurity.com.
About GE Infrastructure
GE Infrastructure (NYSE: GE) is a high -technology platform comprised of some of GE`s fastest -growing businesses. These global businesses offer a set of infrastructure protection and productivity solutions to some of the most pressing issues that industries face: pure water, safe facilities, plant automation, and sensing applications in the operating environment. GE Infrastructure is headquartered in Wilton, CT. Learn more at www.geinfrastructure.com.
For more information on this release, contact:
Marketing Communications Director
GE Security, Residential Solutions
Tel: 651 -779 -4843; Fax: 651 -773 -2215