Fast Ethernet Switches Handle High-Performance Demands of Networked Audio & Video Entertainment Systems
Austin, TX - September 10, 2004 - NetStreams, the leader in IP -based Networked Audio/Video distribution, introduces the SwitchLinX™ family of Internet Group Message Protocol -enabled (IGMP) Fast Ethernet switches. The SW224 & SW208 are multicasting, non -blocking 10/100 Mbps switches designed specifically for handling the high demands of networked audio/video distribution. Combining multiple units allows a virtually unlimited number of networked audio sources or other networking or control products to be integrated into the DigiLinX System.
"Not just any Ethernet switch can meet the high demands of audio and video distribution of a TCP/IP network," said Herman Cardenas, founder and chief executive officer of NetStreams. "SwitchLinX SW224 and SW208 are IGMP -enabled to ensure the reliable transmission of all high -fidelity audio streams throughout the home."
SwitchLinX can auto detect a 10/100Mbps -speed, full/half duplex mode, MDI/MDI -X connection and provides an option for one 100Base -FX expansion module port for the
addition of two GB switches. LEDs for power status and link/activity allow a user to easily check the status of the network connections.
SwitchLinX supports Ethernet connections of up to 328 feet and can be used as a network connection and provides an option for one 100Base -FX expansion module port for the addition of two GB switches. LEDs for power status and link/activity allow a user to easily check the status of the network connections. SwitchLinX supports Ethernet connections of up to 328 feet and can be used as a network extender for longer distances. Two models of SwitchLinX are available to suit the needs of
any size custom installation. The SW208 supports 8 nodes and the SW224 supports 24 nodes. Multiple SwitchLinX devices can be cascaded for system scalability.
NetStreams DigiLinX family of IP -based products offers very high quality and high performance audio distribution and control with capabilities never seen before, and a rich user experience only available in high cost systems today. This innovative product line, using NetStreams' patent pending technology, is the first IP -based multi -room audio system in the custom market; 'IP -based' meaning a system that is not only controlled over IP, but also distributes its audio and video over packet -switched streams. DigiLinX delivers on the promise of convergence, effectively marrying networking technologies with hi -fidelity audio and later video, marking the introduction of 'Networked Digital Entertainment'.
• IGMP -enabled
• Optimized for audio/video distribution over TCP/IP
• Complied with IEEE 802.3 10Base -T, 802.3u 100Base -TC, and 100Base -FX standards
• Each TP port supports both 10/100 Mbps auto -negotiation and auto -MDI/MDI -X connections
• Supports duplex operation for each port
• Store -and -forward architecture
• Broadcast storm protection
• Supports full -duplex flow control (IEEE 802.3x)
• Supports QoS function, the tag in an Ethernet packet contains priority information of packets.
Per port provides 4 transmit queues
• 19" rack -mountable (removable rack ears)
• Switch Fabric: 80 Gb
• Fiber Port: Multimode/Single Mode Duplex ST or SC connector
• Fiber Media: Multimode:1300nm 62.5/125µm fiber cable (2km max.)
• Single Mode: 1300nm 9/125µm fiber cable (20km max.)
• Standards: IEEE 802.3 10Base -T Ethernet, IEEE 802.3u 100Base -TX, 100Base -
FX Fast Ethernet
• Filtering Address: Unicast/Multicast/Broadcast
• Filtering Rate: 14,880 pps for Ethernet, 148,800 pps for Fast Ethernet
• Forwarding Rate: 14,880 pps for Ethernet, 148,800 pps for Fast Ethernet
• Connector: Shielded RJ -45 jack
• LED Indicators: Link/Activity, Full Duplex/Collision status for each port
• Environment: Operating Temperature: 0ş C to 50ş, Storage
• Temperature: -40ş to 70ş C
• Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% non -condensing
• Power: 100 -240VAC,50 -60 Hz,16W (max)
• Dimensions: 17.3"W x 6.8"D x 1.7"H (440mm x 172mm x 43mm)
• NetPower™: 0
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NetStreams provides sophisticated networked audio leading the
marketplace in technological innovation. NetStreams is committed to utilizing state -of -the -art human
engineering to create home entertainment products that are truly user -friendly and future -compatible.
NetStreams, The IP -Based Audio Distribution Company.
For additional information on NetStreams and its innovative products, please visit www.netstreams.com.
NetStreams is a registered trademark of NetStreams. SwitchLinX is a trademark of NetStreams.
# # #