Kaleidescape, Inc. Announces The Availability Of Software Release 2.2, Shipping On New Kaleidescape Systems And An Automatic Upgrade For Existing Kaleidescape System Owners
Indianapolis, IN - CEDIA EXPO 2004 - Sept. 8 -12 - Booth #432 - Kaleidescape, Inc. announces the availability of software Release 2.2, shipping on new Kaleidescape Systems and an automatic upgrade for existing Kaleidescape System owners. Kaleidescape's Release 2.2 provides new features to customize on -screen cover art and movie descriptions, playback of home movies, and numerous enhancements and tools to accelerate installations. Release 2.2 also features support for the High -Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), making the Kaleidescape System the first entertainment server system capable of delivering DVD -quality movies in digital format from source to display without analog conversion.
New Features and Functions:
• Customizable cover art and personalized content synopses: In addition to the full -featured movie guide information provided by Kaleidescape's Movie Guide Service, this release makes it possible for users to create their own cover art and personalize their own movie or content descriptions. Both the cover art and content descriptions are viewable via the on -screen display.
• HDMI support: Included with this version is support for the uncompressed all -digital audio/video HDMI interface. All Kaleidescape Movie Players equipped with an HDMI interface are now enabled for usage with this software release.
• MPEG digital and analog audio capabilities for DVD soundtracks: With this upgrade, the Kaleidescape System now supports the MPEG compressed digital audio format, useful for playback of home movies and non -Region 1 DVDs. MPEG audio support includes digital pass through on the coaxial and optical digital outputs, as well as downmixing to 2 -channel analog on the stereo RCA connectors.
• Parental Control by viewing zone: Users can now configure each viewing zone with a default parental control level. Setting a default parental control level permits viewing only shows and movies of a specified or lower rating. For example, a child's room can be restricted to movies rated "G and Below", while the family room could be set to "PG -13 and Below". Content that is restricted due to parental control settings is completely hidden from a Movie Player's on -screen menu.
• DVD multi -angle support: Playback of different views of a scene is now supported on DVDs that contain multiple "angles". DVDs that offer various camera angles or behind -the -scenes footage or storyboards, are all supported through on -screen navigation.
• Sharing Favorite Scenes: With this release it is now possible to share Favorite Scenes with other Kaleidescape users. If two or more Kaleidescape users have the same DVD movie, favorite scene information captured using Kaleidescape's patent -pending video bookmark technology on one Kaleidescape System can be sent by email to the user of another Kaleidescape System. The recipient's Favorite Scene collection can then be updated with the new favorite scene(s).
New Installer Features:
• Enhanced system diagnostic and troubleshooting tools: Included with this release are a new Diagnostics interface and other troubleshooting enhancements to check the health of a Kaleidescape System. It is now possible to quickly verify DNS status, Kaleidescape Services status (e.g. last successful software download, last successful Movie Guide update, etc.), communicate remotely via HTTPS with a Kaleidescape System, and detect duplicate IP addresses.
• New masking calibration and testing tools: Now included are on -screen calibration and test tools that simplify the integration between a Kaleidescape System, a control system, and an automatic screen masking system. In addition to reducing the programming required during installation, these new tools improve the cinematic experience by increasing the precision of the absolute masking positions. A test masking option simulates a variety of movie aspect ratios. This simulation verifies the correctness of all settings made during the calibration process.
• Preferred movie format for playback: You can now set the preferred movie format (aspect ratio) separately from the display aspect ratio. Prior to this release, you could set only the display aspect ratio and the Kaleidescape Movie Player would select video content to match.
A Kaleidescape Base System lists for $27,000 and includes a Kaleidescape Server with sufficient storage for 180 DVDs (expandable to 500 DVDs), a Digital Movie Player for playback in a single zone, and a DVD Reader for importing DVDs. These components are connected by the household Ethernet network. A scalable system architecture permits an additional Digital Movie Player to be added to the network for each desired viewing zone, and additional Kaleidescape Servers to be added for storing thousands of DVDs.
For more information go to www.kaleidescape.com or call 650 -625 -6100.
Quickly distinguished as a pioneer in A/V convergence technology, Kaleidescape, Inc. has developed a new category of consumer electronics products and services that are transforming the way consumers enjoy movies at home. Designed for the discriminating home video enthusiast, the Kaleidescape System sets the standard for an easy -to -use entertainment server that enables the customer to quickly access their entire movie collection from anywhere in their home. The Kaleidescape System combines a compelling industrial design, ingenious engineering, and an outstanding user interface to make watching movies at home easier and more enjoyable than ever.