Awards Recognize Extraordinary Achievement in Staged Events and Products
ATLANTA, June 9, 2004 - CMP Information, the publisher of Rental & Staging Systems magazine, and the International Communications Industries Association, Inc.® (ICIA®) are pleased to announce the eight winners of the second annual Rental & Staging Systems Awards 2004, presented at ICIA's AV Communications Excellence Awards Banquet, June 8 at InfoComm. The Awards Banquet, a sold -out, high -profile event at InfoComm 04, is a forum for AV professionals to celebrate the successes of leaders and pioneers in the industry. Held following the Manufacturers Industry Forum and Opening Welcome Reception, the banquet recognized outstanding individuals and products in the audiovisual industry.
The Rental & Staging Systems Awards recognize extraordinary accomplishment in a broad array of staged events, large and small, in the corporate staging as well as the entertainment market. Winning entries were selected by an independent panel of judges drawn from CMP Information and the ICIA Rental and Staging Council.
Judging was based on fulfillment of the event producer's concept, professionalism of show production and execution, advanced technology used in the event staging, creative use of technology and satisfaction of end user client.
The winning staged events are:
• Best Overall Staging for a Corporate or Association Event, Large Venue
(Technology budget greater than $200K):
Duocom - 14th World Congress of the World Federation of the Deaf;
Show Department, Inc - Walgreens Manager's Meeting
• Best overall staging for a corporate or association event, large venue
(Technology budget greater than $50K, less than $200K):
Alford Media - Proctor and Gamble Awards Ceremony;
Colortone - Cinecraft Productions, Big O Tires
• Best overall staging for a corporate or association event, smaller budget
(Technology budget less than $50K):
Eleven Producciones LTD - Mazda 20th Anniversary
• Best overall staging for non -corporate entertainment event:
Scharff Weisberg - Sinatra, His Voice, His World, His Way
• Best overall staging for event
(Technology budget less than $10K):
Staging Solutions - Metro Light -Rail Opening
• Best use of AV technology for a trade show booth for a corporate client:
Cleveland Corporate Services - NPE show
• Most innovative use of technology, smaller format event:
Alford; BellSouth -You Call the Play.
• Most innovative use of technology, outdoor event:
Duocom - Montreal's Urban Passenger, Live on the Conveyer Pier
Other awards announced at the banquet included winners of the Best Rental/Staging Products awards as chosen by Rental & Staging Systems readers.
Rental & Staging Systems Product Awards 2004 - - Award -Winners
The winning rental/staging products in 14 categories are:
• Best Loudspeaker Product for the Staging Market:
EAW (Eastern Acoustic Works) SLAM (Small Line Array Module) KF730
• Best Audio/Mixing product for the Staging Market:
DiGiCo D5 Live FM
• Best Video Projection product for the Staging Market:
Christie LX65 LCD Projector
• Best Plasma or LCD Display product for the Staging Market:
NEC Solutions America 61" XGA native resolution plasma display
• Best Video Emissive Display product for the Staging Market (non -Plasma/LCD:)
Barco MiPIX intelligent LED pixel block
• Best Truss or Rigging product for the Staging Market:
JELCO's EZ -LIFT for Large Screen Monitors
• Best Lighting Product for the Staging Market/Automated Luminaire:
High End Systems DL -1 Digital Light Engine
• Best Lighting Product for the Staging Market/Standard Luminaires:
• Best Lighting product for the Staging Market/Lighting Control:
• Best Software product for the Staging Market (Rental, Management, or Design):
Unique Business Systems R2 Rental Businessware
• Best Video Signal Processing or Distribution product for the Staging Market:
Vista Systems Montage
• Best Video/Broadcast Product:
Sony DXC -D50 Camera with Triax
• Best Projection Screen Product:
AV Stumpfl Monoblox Mobile Projection Screen. System 64 Monoblox
• Best General AV Product for the Rental and Staging Market (road cases, wireless, intercom, test equipment, etc.):
ClearCom's CellCom wireless intercom
About Rental & Staging Systems
Rental & Staging Systems magazine is an important resource for staging professionals who need to stay informed about the latest technology and business trends, and a valuable resource for producers, meeting planners, and corporate end -users of rental and staging services. Rental & Staging Systems magazine, its sister magazine Systems Contractor News, and parent company CMP Information are the official publishers of the InfoComm Show Daily, the onsite magazine of ICIA's InfoComm conference and trade exposition, and Live From InfoComm (www.livefrominfocomm.com).
The International Communications Industries Association, Inc. (ICIA) is the premier trade association for the professional audiovisual communications industry. ICIA is the founder of InfoComm, the conference and trade exposition for audiovisual communications professionals who come to learn about the latest technologies and available services as well as new and alternative applications. ICIA also co -founded with CEDIA® and NSCA® the Integrated Systems Events in Europe, China and Singapore. ICIA serves its worldwide membership as the pre -eminent provider of education, training and certification.
As a key industry event, InfoComm is the educational and interactive marketplace for manufacturers, distributors, dealers, systems integrators, rental -and -staging companies, independent representatives, independent design consultants, architects, facilities managers, engineers, presentations designers and end users, including AV and IT professionals, sales and marketing staff, meeting planners and purchasers. InfoComm attracts a broad spectrum of market sectors, including business, government, military, education, religion, health care, entertainment and conventions. More information is available at www.infocomm.org.