Z-Wave™ technology is an RF based, two-way; mesh network, communications protocol that enables everyday devices to be controlled and monitored wirelessly.
1. SYLVANIA launches Z -Wave enabled lighting control products A wide array of lighting control products are being launched this summer. The products are available through select distributors and in US lighting showrooms nationwide. Also, SmartHome, the leading Home Automation cataloguer, is distributing a line of Sylvania's Z -Wave enabled products on the web.
"The Z -Wave technology is a major breakthrough in the Home Automation business," explains Bob Rienick, Unical Enterprise's Vice President and General Manager for the Sylvania Z -Wave Home Automation product line. "We selected Z -Wave for our home automation line because it enables us to provide truly low cost, yet very reliable and easy to install products to the mainstream consumer." Mr. Rienick goes on to state that "the potential in the lighting showroom market in the US alone is impressive, and we expect to build considerable volume over the next 12 months".
2. Vimar SpA showcases Z -Wave enabled devices at the Intel show recently held in Milan - CRS, the Vimar subsidiary that executed the design, is one of Italy's leading companies within the electro -technical field. CRS has developed a number of wireless temperature control devices based on the Z -Wave technology. The Vimar devices developed by CRS include: a Z -Wave based Chronothermostat system that allows multiple Vimar thermostats to be positioned anywhere in the home, individually controlling settings on the central heating/cooling system, and a Vimar GSM connection enabling mobile phone control and status reading from anywhere. "The Z -Wave enabled devices generated enthusiastic response from the attendees, and Vimar will extend the range of wireless enabled devices in the coming months" reported Chris Johnson, Zensys' Strategic Partnership Director.
3. Merloni spin -off adopts Z -Wave - Wr@p, a spin -off of white goods manufacturer Merloni Elettrodomestici SpA, has selected Z -Wave, to link the WESA (Wr@p Enabled Smart Adapter) with a range of sensors, control devices, and communications gateways in the home. Valerio Aisa, Wr@p Managing Director, explained "We have conducted a thorough investigation into available wireless control technologies over the last two years, and have concluded that Z -Wave meets our requirements for an open home control system that provides reliable, low power, and smart two -way wireless communication."
"We are very excited to be working with Wr@p, as they are recognized throughout the white goods industry as the innovating force behind brands such as Ariston, Indesit, and Scholtes," commented Zensys CEO Per Nathanaelson.
4. Z -Wave Dev Kit 3.2 Upgrade shipped to customers -Throughout the month of July, Zensys has been shipping 3.2 upgrade kits to its partners and customers developing Z -Wave enabled products. This latest Developer's Kit is the first to feature enhanced network management functionalities such as automatic update of network topology, run time rediscovery of the network, and run time link quality measurement communication. "We developed the 3.2 Release in direct response to our customers' growing needs. With these new features, designers have greater flexibility and can design more sophisticated maintenance and diagnostic capabilities into their products," explained Ricco Borring -Olsen, Zensys' Sr. Director of Technical Services.
5. Botnia Hightech becomes a certified Z -Wave Development House - Established in 1989, Botnia Hightech offers a host of R&D and engineering outsourcing services in the area of RF module design for mass production, especially antenna design. "We recently decided to expand our activities from the mobile phone market into the new growth area of home control systems," explains Hannu Jyrkka, CEO of Botnia Hightech. "Z -Wave from Zensys is an obvious choice. It is the leading technology within the wireless control network business. By combining our experience and capabilities with the reliable and low cost Z -Wave technology, we can help customers create products that are ready for mass markets and mass production."
6. ACT develops USB interface for Z -Wave - Advanced Control Technologies (ACT) continues to leverage their home automation industry expertise and technical know -how by developing Z -Wave enabled peripherals including a USB interface. "This is a core product on our roadmap which further enables developers, installers, and end consumers to use the PC as a tool for home control via Z -Wave", Gary Colip, ACT's president says. Prototypes of the interface are already in use with several PC application developers, and plans are being made for a wider launch for installers and end consumers.
7. Zensys signs on as a Silver Sponsor for Net -at -Home Event 2003 - Zensys is pleased to announce that it has signed on as a Silver Sponsor for the Net -at -Home Conference and Exhibition taking place on Oct 27 -31st at the Sofitel Royal Casino in Cannes, France.
This 4 -day event produced by Homega Research and co -located with the UP&P Fall Summit, is the largest event in Europe covering Home Networks & Gateways, Connected Appliances, and Internet Services.
"Zensys is proud to continue its relationship with Homega Research and its participation in the Net -at -Home Summit," said Michael Dodge, Vice President of Marketing for Zensys. "Because this event brings together over 300 home networking industry leaders, we see it as the perfect venue to share the progress that we and our partners are making with Z -Wave, our breakthrough wireless home control networking technology."
For more information about these topics as well as the latest news about Z -Wave, visit the Zensys Website at www.zen -sys.com
Zensys is a leading provider of wireless networking technology for control and status reading applications. Our Z -Wave™ technology is an RF based, two -way; mesh network, communications protocol that enables everyday devices to be controlled and monitored wirelessly.
Zensys offers a family of low -cost, low -power, integrated MCU/Transceiver chips embedded with Z -Wave, as well as a suite of development tools and services making it easy for companies to develop wireless products for residential and light commercial applications including lighting and appliance control, energy management, access control, security, and building automation.